Lets Holiday! Destination: Babymoon @ Port Dickson Negeri Sembilan

Leave a Comment

Do you find it hard to find the time to go on holidays? 

Well I did. I've always been an avid traveller during my student days but I really had to forget it all when the career world struck me. I'm not sure if it was just the disorganised old me that kicked in and left me with barely enough to spend on the extras, barely enough time to lavish on me and barely enough energy to plan out a special trip somewhere. It all just went flying out the window. And that was 3 whole years of endless and merciless repetitive trips from home to work and back again.

But late in 2010, all of that changed

I met a wonderful man (Who is now my husband yeay!! Love you sweetheart ^_^) who showed me that there is more to life than the vicious cycle of:
  1. Work
  2. Earn money
  3. Pay the bills
  4. No extras hence use the credit card
  5. Repeat step 1 to step 4 as many times as necessary
He started to get me thinking of the possibility of being your own boss, learning to earn your financial freedom and making every moment in life as meaningful and exciting as possible. Yes its possible!!! And the past year has been anything but boring for me. What with getting married, leaving my day job, getting pregnant and running our nutrition clubs…it has all been an awesome experience. I expect to write about all of the above mentioned sometime in the near future. But this post has a different purpose.

This post is all about taking the time off and enjoy your hard earned money!

In my mind, there are a couple of things I've promised myself before I take leave and tango into the sunset:
  1. I MUST pick two consecutive days in the month and swear that I will go on my holiday on those days no matter how crazy the world gets
  2. I MUST travel out of my city 
  3. I MUST blow my Play Jar (more on this soon) and get first class treatment
  4. I MUST take pictures because I'm lazy like that hehe
And so for the month of January 2012, my husband and I started our vacation off with a bang. Like literally! We blew our car tyre half way down to our holiday spot in Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan. Check out the pictures below:

blown up punctured tyrechange out blown up punctured tyrechange out punctured tyre

A blown car tyre is REALLY scary. Luckily we were just cruising along the highway, not particularly in any sort of hurry, so when the tyre blew, we were safely in the emergency lane in 2 seconds. And luckily I have this strong man with me! As you can see, a retired doctor can also be a super handyman *beam* And I am so surprised at how unsurprised we were with the blown tyre. We just laughed it off and blamed our unconcerned-ness on the holiday mood. See! One more reason why you must definitely go on a holiday every month!

But but but…actually, my hubby didn't get to finish his tyre-changing session because the Plus Peronda came and changed it out in 2 minutes flat! Heee….so we're like super surprised that happened. Plus Peronda is the best ^_^

changed punctured tyre
Husband is happy. Darling, you really need to trim that sideburn lol 

Onwards to Avillion Admiral Cove Port Dickson!

Avillion Admiral Cove Port Dickson

First of all, this looks like and editorial shot from a travel magazine! Its ok for eye-rolls right now, just humour me lol. The view is amazing! This shot was just off the window from the hotel lobby. After check-in and all that, we went around the hotel. Check out the pictures:

Avillion Admiral Cove Port DicksonAvillion Admiral Cove Port DicksonAvillion Admiral Cove Port Dickson

Avillion Admiral Cove Port DicksonAvillion Admiral Cove Port DicksonAvillion Admiral Cove Port Dickson


And then our must have makan-makan section

First off we went to the other Avillion water challet hotel for lunch:

Lunch at Avillion Admiral Cove Port DicksonLunch at Avillion Admiral Cove Port DicksonLunch dessert Avillion Admiral Cove Port Dickson


And my dessert went splat!!
Lunch dessert Avillion Admiral Cove Port Dickson     …………….……

And then Ikan Bakar! 

Hotness, Seri Mesra Ikan Bakar & Seafood corner is the best. I got a review off of this website and got instantly hooked with the pictures! Here's my own pics:

Seri Mesra Ikan Bakar & Seafood Port DicksonSeri Mesra Ikan Bakar & Seafood Port Dickson

Seri Mesra Ikan Bakar & Seafood Port DicksonSeri Mesra Ikan Bakar & Seafood Port Dickson

I am absolutely no good in reviewing food. I can only describe it in one or two adjectives like "nice!" or "delicious!". Boring. So I will leave it up to hubby who's passion is food to do the food reviews :)

So is there going to be one more vacation before baby comes out?

Yes insyaAllah, my second babymoon yeay! Going to plan that sometime this month. The aim of the game is not to spend a fortune on making yourself happy. The aim is to take out a portion of your earnings, take it somewhere far from where your normal daily routine runs and spend it with someone you love *smiles!*

So watch this space people!


Check out my luverly husband's great blog on wellness and weight loss by clicking here. It has a massive amount of great tips and advice!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...